Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University (earlier known as National Law University Haryana), Rai, Sonepat (hereinafter abbreviated as DBRANLU) was established by the State Government of Haryana in the year 2012 vide State Legislature Act No. 15 of 2012.
As a tribute to Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, a great visionary, social reformer and architect of our present legal system and craftsman of our Constitution, the State Legislature of Haryana through an amendment in 2014, changed the name of the University to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Rai, Sonepat. A state-of-the-art campus is under construction in the education hub of India–Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Rai, Sonepat falling underNational Capital Region – where more than thirteen renowned educational institutions/ Universities are located and some of these are already functional. The location provides a positive and congenial environment for legal education and professional training besides overall development of students. It is well connected by Air, Rail and Road to all major points of State and the Nation with a distance of approx. 30 KMs from National Capital Delhi, and approx. 215 KMs. from State Capital Chandigarh. The University has been inspected by the Bar Council of India (BCI) in December, 2019. It got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi under Section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
|S.No||Courses Offered||Exam||Total Fee||Duration|
|1||B.A, LL.B (Hons.)||CLAT||10.75 lakhs||5 Years|
|2||LL.M in Corporate Laws||CLAT||2.11 lakhs|
2. Programmes Offered
• B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)
Admission will be based on merit determined through the Common Law Admission test (CLAT).
2.1 For B.A. LL. B. (Hons)
The intake for the undergraduate program is 120 seats.
2.2 For LLM
The Intake for the postgraduate program is 30 Seats.
2.3 Seat Distribution Matrix
LLB (5 years): 120 and LLM: 30
PWD (People with Disability) get 3% and Harayana domicile candidates get 25% horizontal reservation in seat allotment both for BA (LLB) and LLM.
4.1 B.A. LL. B (Hons)
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2020.
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2020 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., BA LLB, BBA LLB and BSC LLB) the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (55%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (50%) marks or equivalent in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
5.1 B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
Indian Nationals: Rs 9,00,000
The total fee includes the Tuition fee, Hostel fees and Mess Fees.
For more information please visit: