Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla (HPNLU Shimla) is a National Law University located at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was established in 2016 and is the 20th National Law University established in India. Till 2018, the University had a separate entrance exam, the HPNET, but having joined the CLAT Core Committee and the Consortium, it will be one of the 21 participating NLUs for CLAT 2019.
|S.No||Courses Offered||Exam||Total Fee||Duration|
|1||B.A,/ BBA/ B.com LLB(Hons.)||CLAT||10.75 Lakhs||5 Years|
|2||LL.M in Corporate Laws||CLAT||1.55 lakhs|
2. Programs Offered
• B.A./B.B.A./ B. Com LL.B, (Hons.)
3. Research Centres
• Centre for Comparative International Law
• Centre for Advocacy, Court Management & Judgement Writing
• Centre for Environment and Disasters Management
• Centre for Comparative Law
• Centre for Law, Business and Economics
• Centre for Criminology & Forensic Science
• Centre for Human Right
4. Admission Criteria
4.1 B.A. LL. B (Hons)/ B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons)
A candidate, for admission to the B.A./B.B.A LL. B. (Hons.) Degree Courses is required to have completed 10+2 or equivalent in the first attempt with not less than 45% (40% in the case of SC/ST candidates and persons with disability) aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have secured LL. B degree or its equivalent from a recognized university, with not less than 55% aggregate marks or an equivalent grade point.
• B.A. LL. B (Hons)& B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons): 120 seats
• LL.M: 80 seats along with 5 supernumerary seats
5.1 Seat Distribution Matrix:
LLB (5 years): 180 and LLM: 60
|Category||LLB (BA & B.com)||LLM|
|J & K||04||02|
PWD (People with Disability) get 5%, Family of Defense personnel gets 5%, Himachal Pradesh domicile candidates gets 25%, Kashmir candidates get 5% NRI candidates 15% reservation in seat allotment for BA LLB and BBA LLB. Women get 20%, BC/ OBC candidates get 27% and EWS candidates get reservations in seat allotment for LLM along with the above reservations.
Fee Structure for BA & B. Com (LLB):
- Indian Students: Rs 10,75,500/-
- Foreign Nationals: Rs 12,97,500/-
- SAARC Nationals: Rs 5,70,500/-
Fee Structure for LLM:
Indian Students: 1,71500
The total fee includes Tuition fee, Hostel fee and Mess fees.
For more information please visit: