CLAT 2024 EXAM NOTIFICATION
If you’re considering taking the CLAT in 2024, you can find all the pertinent information and latest changes right here!
Putting everything else aside, we want to share with you some essential news. The Consortium has announced the CLAT 2024 Exam Date in a Press Release on its official website! According to the press release, the CLAT exam will be held on December 3, 2023.
The Consortium of National Law Universities administers this test to admit qualified applicants. Candidates must submit the application form to be considered for admission to any participating universities failing under NLUs. The 24 participating NLUs will admit interested students to their undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes. According to the merit list made public at the time of the publication of the results, admission will be granted to the candidates through CLAT.
WHAT IS A CLAT EXAM?
A centralised entrance test for admission to undergraduate (LL.B.) and graduate (LL.M.) programmes given by participating National Law Universities (NLUs) in India is called the CLAT exam, commonly known as the Common Law Admission Test.
Every year, the Consortium of National Law Universities administers the test. The NLUs are recognised institutes for legal education in India, and aspirant law students compete fiercely for admission to these schools. Although certain NLUs may also take into account results from other law entrance examinations, CLAT is these schools’ major admission test.
A candidate’s aptitude is evaluated on the CLAT test in a number of categories, including English language proficiency, general knowledge and current events, legal thinking, logical reasoning, and mathematical methods. The exam format might change.
CLAT 2024 EXAM DATES:
|Online application||1st July 2023|
|Release of Second Sample Question Set||2nd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd November 2023(11:59 PM)|
|Last date for fee payment||3rd November 2023(11:59 PM)|
|Admit card release||1st week of December 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd December 2023|
|Answer Key||December 2023|
|Final answer key release||December 2023|
|Result Declaration||December 2023|
APPLICATION FOR CLAT 2024
Candidates can review the information below to learn more about the specifics of the CLAT 2024 application form:
- The application form will be available from 1st July 2023.
- The CLAT registration form can be filled out and submitted by candidates online. There won’t be an offline mode available.
- Candidates must enter information such as their name, email address, and mobile number to complete the essential registration.
- Fill out the application form by logging in with the credentials provided upon registration.
- Fill out the application form completely and accurately because there is no way to make changes once it has been submitted.
- Upload the scanned copies of the necessary certifications and your photo and signature.
- Submit the application fee online
- Take a physical copy of the completed application form.
- The application cost will be paid electronically.
- The charge can be paid by credit card, debit card, pay wallet, or RuPay for candidates.
- Under no circumstances will the application money be returned.
Below, you’ll find a detailed breakdown of application fees by category:
General/ OBC/ SAP+ Other : Rs 4000/-
SC/ ST: Rs 3500/-
Previous year question papers: Rs. 500/-
CLAT 2024 ELIGIBILITY
Candidates must be Indian citizens, NRIs, or NRIs who are sponsored in order to apply for the test.
IN THE UG PROGRAMME:
Candidates must have passed the class 12 level from a recognised board or university in order to apply.
Age Restrictions: There is no maximum age for applicants to UG law programmes.
Candidates who are currently enrolled in class 12 are also eligible to apply for the admission exam.
Candidates must have passed the LLB or 5-year integrated LLB exam, or its equivalent, from a recognised institute or university to be eligible for PG programmes.
Age Restrictions: There will be no maximum age for applicants.
Minimum Marks: In the qualifying test, candidates for the general category and reserved category (ST/ST) must have received 50% and 45% of the possible points, respectively.
CLAT 2024 PATTERN AND SYLLABUS
|CLAT Exam Feature||5-year LLB||One-year LLM|
|Exam mode||Pen-and-paper mode||Pen-and-paper mode|
|Exam duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Type of questions||(MCQs)||(MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||+1 : correct answer|
-0.25 : incorrect answer
|+1 : correct answer|
-0.25 : incorrect answer
- As soon as the notice is made public, the CLAT 2024 curriculum will be available and updated on the official website. The authorities provide the exact weighting for each exam topic along with a grading method and time restriction. Observe the following as you read through the CLAT syllabus:
- Understanding the content is the first step to doing well on the Common Law Admission Test.
- Additionally, being familiar with the CLAT Exam Syllabus 2024 will aid in your understanding of the essential topics from the perspective of the exam.
- The difficulty level of the Common Law Admission Test for Undergraduate Programmes will be class 12.
- With the exception of the quantitative portion, each segment of the exam consists of a series of questions that are followed by a reading comprehension piece of 400–450 words.
- The quantitative segment’s questions are based on graphs, images, lists of facts, etc.
- The solutions must be extrapolated from the given data.
- The CLAT test curriculum should be properly reviewed before you begin your preparation. Take note of the topics you need to cover for the test, particularly the themes written down each section.
- The curriculum regularly undergoes a few modest and sporadically major adjustments. This is done in order to be modern and stay up with the times.
- In the event that something of the such happens, you must be informed and modify your CLAT exam preparation.