GK News Board Nov 2019
GK NewsBoard Nov 2019
To Download GK NewsBoard Nov 2019 Please click here
Persons in News
1. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella topped the list of Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year 2019. The list comprises
names of three Indian-origin people. Besides Nadella, the two others are Master Card CEO Ajay Banga and Jayashree
Ullal, Head of Arista.
2. Greta Thunberg has won the International Children’s Peace Prize 2019 for her fight towards environmental protection.
Thunberg had initiated ‘Fridays for Future’ campaign against climate change along with the school children across
3. David Attenborough has been conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development
2019 for his lifetime worth of work to awaken the mankind to the need to preserve and protect the planet’s
biodiversity and stop being a “plague on earth”.
4. Nita Ambani has become the first Indian to be elected to the board of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
City. The announcement was made by Reliance Foundation on November 13, 2019.
5. Lieutenant Shivangi has named as the First woman pilot of Indian Navy. She will join naval operations on completion
of operational training in Kochi on December 2, 2019, two days before the navy day which is going to be celebrated
on December 4. She will also get authorization to fly dornier aircrafts on December 2.
6. Sri Lanka has got a new president in form of Gotabaya Rajapaksa, the brother of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The 70-year-old is considered as a ‘war hero’ by a majority of the Sinhalese Buddhists.
7. Bolivia’s former President Evo Morales has been granted asylum by Mexico. On November 10, Morales resigned
due to heavy protest against him in the country. He announced that his life was in threat and he had to flee to
8. Satoshi Suzuki has been appointed as Japan’s ambassador in India. He has given this responsibility when both
countries want to take their bilateral relations to the new heights.
9. Indian-origin journalist Aatish Taseer has been stripped off his Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) status after he
failed to disclose the citizenship of his late father, who was a Governor in Punjab, Pakistan. The OCI status is not
provided to those whose parents have been citizens of either Pakistan or Bangladesh.
10. Former Chief Election Commissioner, TN Seshan passed away on November 10, 2019. He had played a huge role in
bringing educational reforms in India during the 1990
11. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro will be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day 2020 celebrations in India. President
Bolsonaro accepted the invitation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, showing his agreement to broaden the strategic
partnership between the two countries.
12. Justice SA Bobde was on November 18, 2019, sworn in as the 47th Chief Justice of India (CJI), a day after the
retirement of Justice Ranjan Gogoi. Justice SA Bobde was administered the oath of office of Chief Justice of India
by President Ram Nath Kovind. Justice Bobde will serve as the CJI for one year and five months till April 23, 2021.
Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde is the second senior-most judge of the Supreme Court after Gogoi and has been part
of several high profile cases, including the recent Ayodhya land dispute case. He was one among the five-judge
constitution bench which passed the historic judgement of construction of Ram Temple at the disputed site.